The priority for everyone in the face of the pandemic must be to stay safe. To enable work to continue we have carefully considered methods of safe working, and below you will find our Safe Working Practices For Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We would like to advise all customers that our showroom is open, and visits to view machines are welcome, albeit preferably by appointment. We are only accepting one customer (or multiple persons from a single company) at a time in the showroom.
You are welcome to book appointments on our calendar directly. We would ask all customer to wear a mask, sanitise hands before and on exit from the building and socially distance during their visit.
We can also offer 'online / virtual demonstrations', of all machinery and we have numerous videos of machines available on line on YouTube and Vimeo for both sales and technical assistance.
Engineering services are continuing as normal, but once again strictly following the COVID-19 safe working practices outlined below. Customers please note that we have introduced commissioning videos to reduce the face to face contact normally encountered during commissioning, that give full details on the Altendorf, Hebrock and Tigerstop products.
We ask all customer to note that we will no longer be asking our engineers to request signatures for any jobs (commissioning, repairs, service or breakdowns) done during the COVID-19 Pandemic to avoid unnecessary contact. A name maybe asked for which the engineer will enter himself.
We would ask everyone to respect the Government guidelines and where a mask, make space, and wash hands frequently.
Updated PPE - Engineers
The following additional PPE equipment is now available and should be carried in all vans:
- Hand Sanitiser
- Disposable Overalls
- Face Visors
- Face Masks
- Disposable Gloves
On-site Works / Working at Customer Sites
- Hand Sanitiser - To be carried in every Vehicle.
- Hand Sanitiser - To be used every time you enter and leave your vehicle.
- Gloves – To be worn where appropriate, then disposed of correctly.
- Disposable Overalls – to be carried in every van.
- Face Visors – to be carried in every van – digressionary whether they are used or not.
Approved Working Practice – Method of Working On-Site
- Office calls customer to confirm visit the day prior. Our method of working is explained to the customer verbally over the phone and to obtain a mobile number of a responsible person on site. Our method of working is also emailed to the customer.
- Engineers to travel separately when possible. On occasion this is not possible face masks to be worn, and vehicles to be thoroughly cleaned afterwards.
- Day of the visit – engineer calls the mobile number adding 141 before the number of the responsible person prior to setting off, giving an ETA also any requests for materials to be ready. Engineer then calls the responsible person again once outside customers premises, so the customer can clear the way for the engineer to enter & advise of which entrance to use.
- R&J Engineer to wear PPE prior to entering customers premises. NB if social distancing is difficult on site, face masks and visors must be worn.
- Customer to ensure social distancing is maintained throughout engineers visit.
- Engineers are not to accept drinks from customers, Engineers to carry their own refreshments.
- Using customer / public conveniences – hands should be washed or sanitised pre-entering and on exist.
- Fuelling vehicles – gloves must be worn when refuelling vehicles.
- On completion of visit, R&J engineer will ask for a name to enter onto our worksheet. Customers representative is to provide his /her name, NO SIGNATURE will be requested.
Working at R&J Machinery / Visitors to R&J Machinery
R&J Machinery Engineers Specific
- Hand Sanitiser - To be used every time you enter and leave R&J Machinery's factory.
- Temperatures to be tested of each engineer entering the building, every day, and a log kept.
- Canteen / Kitchen – Only 1 person at a time to enter.
- Social distancing must always be adhered to. To help with social distancing we have changed the entrance and exits to be one way, likewise the stairs are now one way, Up at the front and Down at the rear of the building.
- PPE is available and should be used appropriately.
- The mezzanine floor for spare parts must only accessed by 1 person at a time.
- Computer room / Electrical room – must only by occupied by 1 person at a time.
General – All including visitors
- Physical distancing at entrances / exits – e.g. by use of floor markings, barriers / partitions and signage.
- Prevent non-essential workers site access.
- Sanitising stations at entrances / exits.
- Meetings / Inductions should be attended by as few people as possible, consideration given to conducting meetings outside however if meeting have to be held indoors rooms should be ventilated by opening windows where possible and physical distancing observed.
- A One-way system is implemented by use of signage.
- Separate entry and exit points into & out of the Factory are in place.
Office Staff At R&J Machinery
- Maintain physical distancing, the layout of workplace has changed with barriers / partitions and signage, creation of zones within workplace with restricted entry, Implement one-way systems etc..please obey these systems.
- Rooms to be kept well ventilated by opening windows where possible.
- Use of PPE face coverings / masks, disposable gloves etc when walking around, once at your workstation it is ok to remove your face covering.
- Dispose of all of PPE in appropriate locations.
- If COVID-19 symptoms develop, return home and isolate immediately.
In situations where the physical distancing cannot be followed, the following procedures should be adopted: (This would be in exceptional circumstances as all desks are well spaced to allow social distancing).
- Group workers into a fixed teams.
- Use of physical barriers to prevent contact by use of screens / barriers / partitions – are all in place within the office space
- Reduce the time and frequency you spend in close proximity to other workers.
- Workers should work side by side, or facing away from each other.
- Ventilation to be improved by opening windows where possible / practical.
- Wash hands before and after using any materials, tools, etc.
- Minimise the number of workers involved in these tasks.
- Regularly clean common touchpoints throughout the day.
- Use PPE – face coverings / masks, disposable gloves etc.
Welfare Facilities (canteens, toilets, etc)
- Regular cleaning of communal areas must be done.
- Physical distancing must be maintained e.g. by floor markings / signage / barriers / partitions / spacing of tables and restrict number of seats.
- Sufficient supplies of soap & water and / or hand sanitiser are available all the time.
- Employees have been encouraged to bring packed lunch / flasks from home.
- Staggered break times or social distancing during lunch / breaks.
- Common Tables to be cleaned and sanitised after each use.
- Toilets are only accessible by max 2 people at any one time.
- All Toilets are provided with sufficient supplies of soap and water and / or hand sanitiser and hand towels.
- Waste bins emptied regularly and disposed of safely.
Engineers should not lend tools to one another – if they do the tool must be properly sanitised prior and after use. Use of face masks – we have some face masks that can be worn 20 times, but washed between using again.